100 Piece Large Unit Bricks Set
"Unit Bricks are terrific tools for facilitating children's developing visual-spatial and geometric skills, as well as numeracy and mathematics. In the process of playing with these building blocks, children gain a better sense of how objects and numbers fit together, exercise their advanced planning skills, and have fun -- all at the same time. I highly recommend Unit Bricks for any child wanting to learn through play!"
Dr. Walter Gilliam PhD. Director, Zigler Center in Child Development, Yale University
Building possibilities are endless with our bestselling bricks set. 100 evenly weighted, hand-carved bricks in solid natural wood, children are able to make elaborate realistic structures from castle forts to magnificent towers.
Included is a wide range of architectural shapes with arches and buttresses, columns and pillars providing rich STEM environment and encouraging opportunities for open-ended play. Ideal in the home playroom and tough enough for classroom use.
Each 100 piece set includes: 16 Half Units, 18 Units, 6 Half Pillars, 4 Pillars, 4 Half Columns, 2 Columns, 2 Gothic Arches, 2 Buttresses, 4 Corners, 2 Roman Arches, 4 Half Circles, 4 Quarter Circles, 2 Circle Curves, 4 Small Triangles, 4 Large Triangles, 4 Triangle Roofs, 4 Thin Quarter Units, 10 Thin Half Units, 4 Thin Units. Built to the scale recommended by childcare expert Caroline Pratt, our standard Unit Brick measures 140x70x35mm.
- Beautiful and built to last heirloom quality
- Hand-carved textured wood is tactile and weighted to suit children’s developmental and cognitive needs
- Carefully chosen shapes lays foundation for maths and geometry, and promotes wide exploration of weight, balance, measures and forces
- Develops fine motor skills, enables practice in small and large gross motor skills
- Encourages design, creativity, planning and big thinking
- Suited to solo or collaborative building
- Fits with your home or school’s existing block collections
- Natural appearance mimics real life bricks
- 18 months +
- Designed in the USA, made in Thailand
- Made from solid hard wood and 100% earth-friendly. All natural and organically dyed
- All Unit Bricks products conform to major international safety requirements for toys (ASTM,CPSIA, EN71)
- Eco-friendly card box packaging
- Total weight is 12.5kg.
Our cornerstone product Unit Bricks opens children up to the world of building fun. Built to last, these are bricks your children’s children will play with.